Now notice all the posts and articles in the results that claim to have found the 'worst football kits ever' or 'the ugliest football kits of all time' or something else on a similar theme. So many articles, so much repetition, such a lack of imagination or insight. And so much negativity.
They're the sort of posts a chimpanzee could bash out of a computer with one hand tied behind its back. The trouble is, posts of this kind are easy to write and require little or no true understanding of the subject matter.
But enough is enough. It's time to pay tribute to all that's good about football shirt design and provide an antidote to the ever-increasing welter of lazily-written trash that regurgitates the same old tired content.
Ladies and gentlemen, we bring you The 50 Greatest Football Shirts Ever.
And here are a few other things that The 50 Greatest Football Shirts Ever is not. It is not simply a list that took two minutes to scribble down on a scrap of paper after a few pints down the pub with our mates.
Nor, for that matter, is it an exercise in creating clickbait, and we won't make you view endless slides to get to the information you want either. Our aim is to do justice to the best football shirts there has ever been by giving you the detail and opinion we think you'll appreciate.
This project has taken over a year to put together and the shirts featured have been selected and ordered by a panel of four people, all of whom share your passion for great football shirt design.
Joining your Football Attic regulars Chris Oakley and Rich Johnson are John Devlin, illustrator-supreme and creator of the wonderful True Colours books and website, and Jay from Design Football, curator of the finest website dedicated to exhibiting thousands of kit designs from people around the world.
Together, we bring you a definitive collection of brilliant shirts that have captured the magic and majesty of football over the last five decades. Note, however, that we don't say 'The definitive list'... That's because we understand that everyone has their own opinion, and we encourage you to share that with us - either by leaving a comment below, or by sending us a Tweet with #50GFSE in the message. We have much to discuss, and we're looking forward to lots of healthy debate about which shirts you like best.
And so to the countdown. All of the posts will be indexed below as they are published, but by regularly visiting The Football Attic on a regular basis, you can catch up on all the latest entries as they appear. Needless to say, we also encourage you to visit True Colours and Design Football too, just to complete your immersive football experience.
For now, though, enjoy our selection of The 50 Greatest Football Shirts Ever.
50. Netherlands 1996 Home Shirt by Lotto
49. Hull City 2007-08 Home Shirt by Umbro
48. Germany 1991 Away Shirt by adidas
47. Pumas 2014-15 Home Shirt by Nike
46. France 2009-10 Techfit Home Shirt by adidas
45. Cork City 1989-91 Home Shirt by adidas
44. Corinthians Centenary Home Shirt 2010 by Nike
43. Norwich City 2004-06 Away Shirt by Xara
42. Arsenal 2005-06 Home Shirt by Nike
41. Birmingham City 1972-74 Third Shirt by Umbro
40. Athletic Bilbao 2011-12 Away Shirt by Umbro
39. USA 1992-93 Home Shirt by adidas
38. France 1980-84 Home Shirt by adidas
37. Brighton & Hove Albion Home Shirt 1985-87 by adidas
36. Watford 1985-88 Home Shirt by Umbro
35. Manchester United 1992-94 Home Shirt by Umbro
34. Rangers 1987-90 Home Shirt by Umbro
33. Olympique de Marseille 2011-12 Away Shirt by adidas
32. USA 1994 Home Shirt by Adidas
31. USA 1994 Away Shirt by Adidas
30. Saint-Etienne 1981-82 Home Shirt by Le Coq Sportif
29. West Ham United 1976-80 Home Shirt by Admiral
28. Evian Thonon Gaillard 2011-12 Home Shirt by Kappa
27. Coventry City 1987-89 Home Shirt by Hummel
26. Internazionale 2010-11 Home Shirt by Nike
25. Scotland 1988-91 Home Shirt by Umbro
24. Crystal Palace 1972-73 Home Shirt by Admiral
23. 1860 Munich 2012-13 'Oktoberfest' Shirt by Uhlsport
22. Dundee United 1984-87 Home Shirt by adidas
21. Universitario 2013 88th Anniversary Shirt by Umbro
20. Olympique Lyonnais 2010-11 Away Shirt by adidas
19. Argentina 1986 Home Shirt by Le Coq Sportif
18. Aberdeen 1976-79 Home Shirt by Admiral
17. Celtic 2012-13 125th Anniversary Third Shirt by Nike
16. Ipswich Town 1982-84 Home Shirt by adidas
15. Hull City 1992-93 Home Shirt by Matchwinner
14. Italy 2000-01 Home Shirt by Kappa
13. Manchester United 1992-94 Third Shirt by Umbro
12. Boca Juniors 1981 Home Shirt by adidas
11. Wales 1976-79 Home Shirt by Admiral
10. England 1980-83 Home Shirt by Admiral
9. Africa Unity 2010-11 Third Shirt by Puma
8. Newcastle United 1995-97 Home Shirt by adidas
7. France 1984-86 Home Shirt by adidas
6. Juventus 1985 Home Shirt by Kappa
5. Liverpool 1985-87 Home Shirt by adidas
4. Denmark 1986-87 Home Shirt by Hummel
3. Netherlands 1988 Home Shirt by adidas
2. England 2009-10 Home Shirt by Umbro
1. West Germany 1988-91 Home Shirt by adidas